Monday, November 1, 2010

Identity Theft

My identity has been stolen - twice! The first time I lost $1500, the second about $1200. I now have firewalls, antivirus and identity theft protection software installed on my laptop. If I had done this from the beginning I wouldn't be out $2700 right now.

The worst thing that happen to you online is for someone to steal your identity. You don't want that to happen. Identity theft can ruin your credit, get you banned from forums and chat rooms where identify thieves may have posted rants in your name, empty your online bank accounts and generally make your life miserable. You don't want it to happen to you.

Several services provide identity theft protection. One of these is Identity Lookout. Don't let your identity be stolen.

No comments:

Post a Comment